On March 31, JSI hosted a virtual Essentials of Food Safety workshop for Uxbridge Public Schools nutrition staff conducted by JSI Instructor and Registered Dietitian Lynnea Spencer, MEd, RD, LDN, SNS. This LIVE, interactive workshop focused on strengthening food safety knowledge and encouraged the culture of food safety at schools while operating during COVID-19. It kept participants immersed by using streamed videos, informational case studies and simulated scenarios to maximize engagement.
Key objectives for the workshop included:
- Recognizing at least 3 TCS foods
- List 3 major ways that foods become unsafe
- Identified at least 5 ways to prevent cross-contamination
- State the danger zone temperatures, specific to Massachusetts
- Perform proper hand washing techniques
- Create a culture of food safety while operating during COVID-19
Explore food safety basics including proper hand washing techniques and effective strategies to prevent cross-contamination with a 90-minute virtual workshop for your staff for only $199. For additional food safety resources, check out the Food Handling & Serving category in the JSI Resource Center.