Think about your current job. Is it fun? Do you think there is a way to make it fun? Our Workshop to Go: Find the Fun at Work with FISH!® uses four concepts to help schools create a workplace culture of creativity, innovation, and fun.
On January 24, 2017, the school nutrition staff of Hingham Public Schools brought the Workshop to Go: Find the Fun at Work with FISH!® to liven up their workplace!
FISH!® uses four concepts including:
- Be There: Be physically and mentally present when assisting, managing, or helping another person. It is important to actively listen to understand, and act based on awareness.
- Play: Be curious, feel free to innovate, and free to be yourself, all while creating an environment where kids want to be and people want to work.
- Make Their Day: Bring recognition and value to all your employees.
- Choose Your Attitude: Attitude is everything. When a conscious choice is made to improve one’s attitude, it can have a positive impact on the workplace.
After viewing the FISH!® video, a few activities were offered to engage the nutrition staff of Hingham Public Schools:
- Show importance of being there, tell a story to your partner that is not there
- “Playstorm” crazy ideas that could make your workplace better
- Identify the “Stinky Fish” in your workplace
- “Let’s make a Day” by giving group members an imaginary token of appreciation
Find out information about all of the JSI Workshops to Go on the JSI website in the professional development section! If you would like a JSI instructor to come to your school to enhance your staff’s knowledge and skills, request a Workshop to Go today!