Healthy Kids, Healthy Programs Summit
Sponsored by the Office for Food and Nutrition Programs at the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and The John C. Stalker Institute of Food and Nutrition.
May 21 & 22, 2019
Breakfast and check in begin at 7:00 a.m.
Summit from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Four Points by Sheraton
1125 Boston Providence Turnpike
Join school nutrition directors, managers and business managers from across the Commonwealth for our annual summit aimed at promoting healthy students and healthy school nutrition programs. The two-day summit provides up to 10½ professional development hours. Meet your USDA Professional Standards training needs while you discover ways to boost your bottom line, communicate with confidence and build culinary excitement!
- The Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace – Presentation
- Solutions to Recovering Unpaid Meal Charges – Presentation
- Making Dollars and Sense of your USDA Foods Entitlement Plan – Presentation
- Thinking Outside the Lunch Tray — Strategies to Increase Revenue – Presentation
- Local Procurement in Child Nutrition Programs – Presentation
- The Four Essential Habits of a Game Changer – Presentation
- Wait. What? Or How to Get Curious When the Other Person is Clearly Wrong – Presentation
- Applying the Five Languages of Appreciation – Presentation
- Creating a Motivating Workplace – Presentation
- Setting the Globally – Inspired Lunchroom Table – Recipe: Chicken Shawarma
- Setting the Globally – Inspired Lunchroom Table – Recipe: Tzatziki
- The Power of Local – Culinary Throwdown – Recipe: Amherst’s Zayas Black Bean Salad
- The Power of Local – Culinary Throwdown – Recipe: Chicopee’s Rainbow Salad
- The Power of Local – Culinary Throwdown – Recipe: Waltham’s Wicked Wild Kale Salad
- The Power of Local – Culinary Throwdown – Recipe: Amherst’s Garden Salsa
- Adding Chefs Into the Mix – Presentation
- Modernizing USDA Foods Recipes – Keeping Menus Trendy and Budget Friendly – Chef Sam’s Demo Recipes
Presentation materials are supplementary to the live conference. Files available in an alternative format upon request.