Courses may be used towards the Liberal Studies Program at FSU and possibly degree programs at other universities. The program is appropriate for those with or without a bachelor’s degree.
- Computer, no more than 3 years old, with internet access, a web-camera, and built-in microphone/speakers.
- Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft Office 2016 or higher
- Computer and software information can be found on the Framingham State ITS web page.
- Headset with microphone to connect to laptop
- Blackboard Collaborate is the platform used for classes on Wednesdays.
Program funding provided by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education will support students working in Massachusetts school nutrition programs by loaning a laptop and headset to meet the technology requirements of the program.
Tuition and Fees
Please refer to the FSU Tuition and Fees web page for an up-to-date schedule of fees; some courses may require textbooks at an additional cost.
A scholarship is available to help pay for your tuition.
The Certificate in Excellence in School Nutrition program considers applicants on a rolling basis. Space is limited. To apply, please submit your application using the online FSU undergraduate certificate application.
Karen McGrail, MEd, RD, LDN
Cathy Wickham, PhD, RD, CDN