CRISP Culinary Bootcamp with CICN - June 26 to 30, 2023
Continue the advancement of scratch-based food production in your program and be champions of serving students freshly prepared foods!
Attend a one-of-a-kind 5-day culinary bootcamp presented by the chefs at the Culinary Institute of Child Nutrition. This free culinary train-the-trainer event provides over 30 hours of professional development. Please review the culinary bootcamp details below and consider who from your district will attend.
- When: June 26 to 30, 2023
- Where: Framingham State University
- Cost: Free
- Includes complimentary overnight hotel accommodations in the Framingham/Natick area.
Who Should Attend?
Ideally the School Nutrition Director, however if you are unable, you may wish to extend this invitation to your Assistant Director, Cook Manager or Cook.
If you are unable to attend and are deciding who to send from your high school, consider if your staff member…
- Is available for a 5-day weeklong training (7.5 hours/day) during the week of June 26-30, 2023.
- Will benefit from core culinary skills to perform scratch-based food production at the site level AND is able to bring this training back to your district to train other kitchen staff.
- Is a champion of serving freshly prepared foods to students!
CRISP Focus Group with Research Team, Train-the-Trainer, Knife Skills, Standardized Recipes, Mis en Place, Kitchen Measurements, and Setting SMART Goals.
Produce Lab, Flavor Profiles, and Teach Back
Grains Lab, Marketing to the Line and Teach Back
Meats and Meat Alternates Lab and Recipe Development
Capstone Project developing a reimbursable meal using a “market basket” of ingredients
If you have any questions about the training, please reach out to Jumana Whelan: firstname.lastname@example.org