On Wednesday, October 3, 2018, JSI instructor Christanne Harrison presented the Get the Right Scoop Workshop to Go at Dover-Sherborn High School.
This new workshop allows school nutrition staff to discover why and how to use the correct measuring tools for proper portioning to meet the meal pattern, as well as the connection between portion control and cost.
Interactive activities allow the participants to recognize the minimum requirements for each of the five food components with extra practice given to vegetable subgroups. Some of the Making It Count activities are incorporated into the workshop, making it both fun and educational!
Enhance your knowledge of school nutrition at this workshop by:
- Putting your serving size measurement estimation skills to the test
- Matching meal portion sizes with the appropriate age groups
- Participating in conversations with colleagues about the categories and subgroups of vegetables
- Brainstorming the correct vegetable substitutions for a variety of vegetables
- Reviewing the difference between the minimum daily and weekly requirements for each of the five food components
If you would like to schedule a Get the Right Scoop workshop at your school, visit our website to request a JSI Workshop to Go.