On February 16th, 2023, The John C. Stalker Institute (JSI) held their annual virtual Advisory Board meeting. The board is composed of members representing allied professional interests and stakeholders in school nutrition, including:
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office for Food and Nutrition Programs
- Framingham State University
- Family of John C. Stalker
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Massachusetts School Wellness Coalition
- School Administrators
- Directors and Managers of School Nutrition Programs
- New England Dairy
- Massachusetts Farm to School
- Project Bread
- School Nutrition Association of Massachusetts
A summary of JSI programing is presented during the meeting and board members share their expertise in assisting JSI to meet its mission and to provide input into programming and future initiatives.
In January, a Director’s Only Think Tank was held virtually with Advisory Board members. During the Think Tank we asked directors to share their need for resources, technical assistance, and professional development to elevate the kitchen and cafeteria experience and improve the overall operation of their program. In addition to the summary of work, the results of the Think Tank were shared during the meeting.
The John C. Stalker Institute has experienced record engagement over the past few years and the hybrid format of professional development has been highly successful. We look forward to continued high engagement through the end of this school year and in the future!