On Friday, June 4, 2021, The John C. Stalker Institute of Food and Nutrition (JSI) celebrated this year’s graduates of the Certificate in Excellence in School Nutrition. The eight graduates that were honored, have worked hard and has shown dedication over the last 18 months while all working full-time. They were congratulated by representatives of FSU and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, along with kind words from their professors and classmates.
The program is a state-recognized certification for school nutrition directors with the goal to increase the knowledge and skills of school nutrition personnel. The certificate includes five undergraduate courses over 18 months. Students participate in classes that focus on technology applications, operating food service systems, professional development and management of school nutrition programs that are used through day-to-day operations in school nutrition programs.
Congratulations to this year’s graduates!
- Molly Van Cott, Food Service Director, Sharon Public Schools
- Shelley Mello, Cook/Manager, Acushnet Public Schools
- Kellie Glynn, Satelite Food Service Coordinator, Quabbin Reg’l School District
- Celeste Ruggeri, Food Service Manager, Sharon Public School
- Kim Siereveld, Cafeteria Manager, East Bridgewater Public Schools
- Keri DuBois-Gould, Quabbin Regional School District
- Antonio Matarese, Ashland Public Schools
- Lisa Trask, Pembroke Public Schools
If you’re interested in applying to the Certificate in Excellence in School Nutrition program, please visit the JSI Website for more information.