Take the next step in your school nutrition career and APPLY for the Certificate in Excellence in School Nutrition Program. The John C. Stalker Institute of Food and Nutrition at Framingham State University offers a remarkable leadership opportunity for those working in school nutrition program in Massachusetts and the USDA’s New England region. This highly acclaimed five-course program is driven to enhance the knowledge and skills of directors and senior management in school nutrition programs.
This certificate program includes five undergraduate courses offered through Framingham State University over five semesters and is the state-recognized certification that is identified in the hiring standards for school nutrition directors.
Classes focus on important topics for school nutrition professionals which include:
- NUTM 111 Nutrition and School Nutrition Programs
- NUTM 222 Professional Development and Communication in School Nutrition
- NUTM 333 Foodservice Systems in School Nutrition Programs
- NUTM 400 Computer Applications in School Nutrition Programs
- NUTM 444 Management of School Nutrition Programs
At the completion of the program, school nutrition professionals will be able to:
- Apply the changing nutrition standards to improve the school nutrition environment
- Meet the financial challenges of a self-supporting school nutrition program
- Evaluate and implement the emerging trends in school nutrition programs
For more details about the program, CLICK HERE NOW! This is a great opportunity for those with or without a bachelors degree and courses may be used towards the Liberal Studies Program at FSU and possibly degree programs at other universities.
There is no cost to apply! For more details, please visit us @https://johnstalkerinstitute.org/profdev/academicprograms/cert/. Applicants are considered on a rolling basis. For your convenience, we have waived the application fee.