Join school nutrition directors, managers and business managers from across the Commonwealth at the Healthy Kids, Healthy Programs Summit on Wednesday May 21, 2014 at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA. This timely and relevant conference aimed at promoting healthy students and healthy school nutrition programs is sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the John C. Stalker Institute of Food and Nutrition.
Three main educational tracks are planned:
- School Breakfast: Learn about changes in the School Breakfast Program and innovative strategies to market the program to increase participation.
- USDA Foods: Discover how USDA Foods can help promote their School Nutrition Programs.
- Financial Management: Explore resource management requirements to help run a successful school nutrition program.
Additional speakers and presentation topics include:
- Valerie Brower, Principal at Brookfield Elementary School in Brockton, will share successful strategies to implement breakfast in the classroom.
- Lynn Rodgers-Kuperman, USDA Federal Procurement Specialist, will present on federal procurement requirements.