Sample Wellness Policies
The following policies can be used as a guide - for inspiration and ideas or revise them to meet your own needs and school priorities. When developing your own policy, make sure to consider the unique circumstances, challenges, and opportunities in your district and community. Take into account:
- the socioeconomic status of the student body
- school size
- Is your school in a rural, urban or suburban location
- Does your population include immigrants, dual-language students, or students who speak limited English?
- Your wellness policy should reflect the cultural and ethnic composition of the student body
We have selected a few sample policies from Massachusetts schools. The represent varied communities and school populations, but are all examples of effective policy. As these policies are updated to reflect new legislation, we will make the new policies available here.
- Andover Public Schools | Andover, MA
- Boston Public Schools | Boston, MA
- Billerica Public Schools | Billerica, MA