Professional Development for School Nutrition
The John C. Stalker Institute (JSI) of Food and Nutrition at Framingham State University has supported Massachusetts school nutrition staff for over 25 years as the premier provider of professional development for school nutrition programs across the Commonwealth. Take advantage of the vast array of professional development opportunities offered by JSI to meet professional development requirements for the 2017-2018 school year.
Prepare yourself and your school nutrition staff for the 2017-2018 school year with professional development from JSI designed to advance knowledge and build the skills needed for a successful program.
Workshops To Go
Bring school nutrition training to your school with one of our Workshops To Go. Each 2-hour workshop is economically priced at $299 for a minimum of 15 participants. Each 3-hour culinary workshop is economically priced at $399 for a minimum of 15 participants/ maximum of 20 participants.
Online Professional Development
Enjoy the convenience of 24/7 access to high quality professional development either with JSI online courses or graduate courses through Framingham State University's 4 week graduate courses.
Regional Professional Development
John C. Stalker Institute of Food and Nutrition offers regional professional development opportunities for school nutrition staff and managers.
- May 2018: Healthy Kids, Healthy Programs 2-day Summit
- August 2018: Nuts & Bolts of School Nutrition Programs
- August 2018: Healthy Cuisine for Kids
Leadership and Management Development
JSI offers these exceptional professional development opportunities for school nutrition directors and managers:
- Management Institute – a three-day institute designed especially for Massachusetts school nutrition managers covering leadership, financial management, personnel management, communication, marketing and nutrition.
- Certificate in Excellence – an undergraduate certificate program designed for school nutrition directors as well as assistant directors and managers on a career path to become a director in school nutrition programs in Massachusetts and the USDA's New England region.
Cancellation Policy: Payment in full is expected for trainings cancelled without a 2-week written email notice. Credit for prepaid JSI trainings will be issued only if written cancellation notice is emailed 2 weeks prior to training date.
Contact your chapter delegate for locations and dates of the following:
NEWLY UPDATED! Professional Communications
Enhance your communication skills in the
workplace by recognizing barriers, evaluating
your communication style, and discovering the
skills and strategies to strengthen communication
within your school.
Suggested Learning Code: 4140
NEW! Bean-a-licious Culinary Demo
Explore and taste two bean recipes and a variety
of flavor blends in this one-hour culinary demo
that will excite your students' taste buds!
Suggested Learning Code: 2130