2017 Nuts & Bolts of School Nutrition Programs
Dates: August 1, 2, 3, 2017
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The McCarthy Center Forum
at Framingham State University
Cost: $40 per day or $100 for all 3 days
includes continental breakfast and lunch
A three-day program designed for Massachusetts school nutrition directors to strengthen their knowledge of school nutrition program requirements. Education specialists from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office for Food and Nutrition Programs will provide essential training on meal benefit issuance, resource management and food service operations.
Click here to Register by July 18, 2017
Cost: $40 per day or $100 for all three days
August 1 - Meal Benefit Issuance
- Direct Certification Process
- Meal Benefit Application Process
- Verification Process — Direct Verification & Paper Process
August 2 - Resource Management
- Meal Counting and Claiming
- Financial Procedures, Reports and Recordkeeping
- Application Renewal
August 3 - Food Service Operations Agenda
- An Introduction to USDA Foods
- School Lunch Meal Pattern
- Using Grains in School Nutrition Programs
- School Breakfast Meal Pattern
Registration and Continental Breakfast begin at 7:30 am
For more information, click here to see the full agendas.
Sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, in cooperation with the John C. Stalker Institute of Food and Nutrition and the School Nutrition Association of Massachusetts.